We will now be open on Sundays from 10AM-3PM, and "Gone Fishing" on Monday!
Steelheading 101 at Chagrin River Outfitters!
Saturday, March 18th: 8am-1pm
Saturday March 25th: 8am-1pm
Cost: $150, deposit of $100 due at sign up please.
This class was designed with the beginning steelhead fly angler in mind. Those looking to increase their knowledge on how to fly fish for steelhead, in our local rivers and streams. Students will gain a better understanding on the how's, and why's, of steelhead fishing. Gain confidence that you are fishing the proper way, with the right flies, in potentially productive areas.
What we will learn:
- Rigging up for success on the water. Learn how to set up your leaders, shot, indicators, and flies like a seasoned veteran.
- Fly selection based on water temperature, visibility, and light levels.
- Understanding stream flows, and what that means for fishing conditions.
- How to properly fish a run.
- What types of water to fish and why.
- What types of water to skip over and why.
- Properly presenting a fly.
- Fly casts you need too know for steelhead fishing.
One hour classroom, 3 hours on the water instruction. Students will need waders and to dress for the weather. Please call Chagrin River Outfitters at 440-247-7110 or stop in to sign up.
Art of Tying Dry Flies
Sunday March 26th • $60/person, includes materials and lunch • Payment due at time of registration please.
Learn to tie hatch matching dry flies for any situation. Class will teach an effective emerger pattern, classic Catskills style dry fly, parachute dry fly.
Students need to provide vise, tying tools, and thread.
Please call shop at 440 247 7110 to register or stop in. Class limited to 10 students.
Jeff Liskay & Jerry French Casting Seminar
Monday April 10 • Time On Water (Private Class)
- Meet at Shop at 9:00am…On the river by 10:00am…Off the river by 3:00pm
- On Water Trout Spey & Skagit Class with Jerry French and Jeff Liskay
- Grand River or Chagrin River
- Casting skills all levels,matching lines to rods, modified casting strokes, casting shorter trout and switch rods, fly selection and presentation
- Six to eight students $125.00 each
Jerry French at CRO
Sunday April 9 • (Private Class)
- Starts at 4:00pm at Chagrin River Outfitters
- In Store Composite Loop Fly Tying Class
- Eight Students, $65.00 each. Pay at time of registration please.
- All materials included
Monday April 10 • Evening In store
- Jerry French Meet and Greet at Chagrin River Outfitters, 5pm-9pm
- Composite loop and signture flies demo 5:00pm-9:00pm
- Free Event
About Jerry French
Jerry French is no stranger to the steelhead and skagit world of fly fishing. He has been an important innovator and fixture in this realm since the beginning...
Born and raised in the rain forest region of the west coast, Jerry quickly developed a love for the outdoors and a steady passion for fly fishing. My youth was spent exploring the coast, it's rivers and mountain streams. This was my foundation and my building blocks toward a journey that still continues today!
By the age of 16, I loaded up my Volkswagen Beetle and chased trout all over Washington, Oregon, and BC.
My trout addiction inevitably led to steelhead. Once I caught that first summer run steelhead, all I could think about was encountering more. Summers were soon occupied with guiding in Alaska to support my winter steelhead habit. There's nothing like the peaceful and quiet current of winter steelhead on the Skagit and Sauk Rivers.
Now, almost 30 years later, I'm even more infected with the steelhead bug! Currently I'm invested in fly pattern and Skagit Rod development with several successful fly patterns such as the Dirty Hoh and techniques like my composite loop inspiring new age fly design. Not to mention my rods are pretty darn good!
I'll be traveling a lot to bring a piece of the Skagit to your region! I can't wait and I'll see you soon!
Stonefly Inn - Montana Trip Annouced!
July 9th-15th 2017 - OPENINGS AVAILABLE
Chagrin River Outfitters annual trip to the Stonefly Inn is one that has anglers coming back season after season. Click here to learn more!